Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Concept...An Idea...A Purpose

I never thought I would blog. But here I am. Getting involved with Second Life has really expanded my horizons.

I've tried starting real life businesses - Tupperware, Quixtar, desktop publishing. I'm just not the live sales type.

But this place, this Second Life, it's different. I can DO things I could never do in real life. I can make things, nice things, things other people think are nice.

Maybe I can make a business here successful. I don't mean 'rolling in real money' successful. I mean 'break even in Lindens' successful. Maybe I can...I can try anyway.

What should I make? Wow, I find so many things already in SL. What could I possibly contribute? Wait, this is a virtual world. I'm not trying to save the world. I'm trying to have fun and, in all honesty, prove to myself that I can do this.

This week was an important step. I made my first sales in SL. I created a course for the Happy Hippo Building School (or here's the SL link). And people have bought it. The only bad thing about selling a take away tutorial is you don't know if people liked it or not. My test 'guinea pig' did so I'm hopeful.

At any rate, now I have more than two Lindens to rub together. I want to do this without putting in 'real' money. So I have a start. Wonder what happens now....

No comments:

Post a Comment