Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The New Always Eclectic Main Store is OPEN!!!!!

YES! It's all together, um, mostly, and I made it in time for the start of Steam 7! I thought I was pretty prepared but I kept thinking of loose ends - and just thought of another one!

First, a pic of the new place - not the greatest but I'll get better ones later.


Doesn't do it justice - you don't see the landing point in the gazebo or the pretty stream, or the weeping willow or the.....well, you get the picture. Yes, I'm proud of it - it was a lot of work and I really like how it turned out.

Also, a new release and a couple in the wings....this comes in 9 different colors.


Also, I really, really like how my Steam 7 hunt item turned out. I tried for a totally different look this time. Let me know what you think.


Now, the list of things you have to do when you move stores....and I KNOW this isn't everything. This is just so you appreciate and understand when your favorite store moves, they have to WANT to move as it's a lot of work.

- Find a new location - the biggest piece of all - where? how much is tier? how many prims? what kind of sim? etc., etc., etc.

- Create a building - I chose to do this before I bought the land so I could, more or less, plunk the building down and start. That plan sorta worked. I still ended up changing some things since I rushed it a bit to make Steam 7.

- Create new merchandise! Can't open a new store without at least a couple of new releases!

- Do all the thingies to reset your merchandise vendors to the new location and TEST them all! Or at least I test them all and probably still missed something.

- Try to remember all the places your landmark is and change it - classified ads, ad boards, online sources, and OH!!! If you put an LM in your merchandise, you need to change it in all of the merchandise packaging too! That was a job and a half. I can't imagine the work if you had a big store.

- Landscape - and ideally have a plan before you start so you don't redo things. I, of course, did not do that and changed my mind at least 3 times before I finally made up my mind. Arghhhh! All self directed ARGHHH!

- Decorate the store if so desired - I desire, but haven't gotten to that part yet - getting there!

- Notify any hunts you are in that you've moved.

- Are you having an opening sale?? A promotion? Event?

- Let your group members and friends know.

- Post on your blog! ;-ppp

I'm sure there are a lot of things I have forgetten. As you see, it is not a five minute task. However, I love my new store! I hope you like it too!

Riendra





No comments:

Post a Comment