Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A learning experience for sure.....

Since opening this store,  I have learned more about SL and the creative tools than I would have ever thought.

With all the people I've meet doing these hunts, I am learning even more. I know lots of merchants now and they all seem to be very willing to help. Strider (ariana.farstrider) and I were talking of partnering up on a Renaissance Faire stall. As it turns out, we didn't but she has been very helpful to me for bouncing ideas off and asking sillly questions. LadyKay Gable helped make my hunt hints doable by reading them over and comparing them with where I have them hidden - invaluable information!!! And of course, Perryn Peterson is absolutely fabulous to work with! In fact, I took one of his ideas and made it a reality.

The marotte you see below, or jester stick as many people call it, was one of Perryn's ideas. It took me quite a while to get this to look as I wished, and I still consider this marotte 1.0, but it's cute!!!


This would not have been possible without Swith (cyneswith.luik). She created the animation that goes along with it so it isn't just a stick. Add the jingle bell effect when it moves and it turned out pretty cool!!! And just like everything else, it's 20% off! I'm also offering to make ones with custom faces for an extra fee. Put someone's face on that you'd like to shake!!!

I'm getting my hunts lined up for January. So far I'm in the Trick or Treat (Farewell to Winter) hunt. I'm debating about a few others....

I'm also contributing items to the Builder's Brewery Christmas Exchange and the Happy Hippo Christmas Exchange. Talk about being on a major building spree!!! Whee!!!

A few new items in the store also....and the major rearranging continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment