Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

So sorry - there is SL then RL...and sometimes RL rules

So sorry - I've had a lot of 'things' happen in real life lately...

Anyway, I had my first real modeling show on October 2nd at the Second Life Cheerleading Team stadium. It was a blast despite the difficulties: 3 models were scheduled and 1 did not show up, so lots of last minute switcheroos. But we pulled it off! I got paid AND got about 8 outfits of much higher quality than I would buy! Sweet! Also, see my new profile pick on my Picasa album - thanks to Dhyanna Writer, owner of Rodeo Drive Agency and Training School.

I now have a gadget of Wat Dinzel's manufacture up in my shop. It's a Radar HUD that you can track whether specific people are online or not amongst other things. It very nifty and very reasonably priced.

For my own things, I'm still in a texture battle with my creations. I don't want to settle for average - I want my things to be GOOD. Very good if possible. I guess quality takes time....lots of it. I'm working with Photoshop 3D for texturing and am hoping that may help a bit. We shall see!

Always Eclectic is also signed up for a hunt in December - the Renaissance Hunt! Nothing like a deadline! I WILL have something very cool in there - it's in my head all ready to go.....

I also submitted an entry into the VMA Trophy Contest. The idea was to design a trophy that looked art deco. I think I achieved that; winning is another story.... It was fun learning about what art deco really was and all. I had no idea there was so much about town.

No comments:

Post a Comment