Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!!

A new year always seems to bring hope and dreams. Besides the usual world peace and stamp out world hunger, I have some wishes for Always Eclectic...

.....Continue expanding the jewelry lines. I'm envisioning 3 lines - Victorian, Renaissance, and anything that doesn't fit into the first two!

.....Take or at least consider custom work requests. I completed one recently for the Dr. Who store in Mieville Wells (Who's Who). The owner seemed quite pleased with the outcome. There is more than one way to increase brand awareness!

.....Create a line of jewelry for Tinies. I'm not sure how I want to take this. I could just make reduced sized versions of my normal lines, or I could create silly stuff that would only make sense on Tinies. I think I may take a tiny, Tiny survey to see.

.....Have a stall or small store in each specialty area - Victorian, Renaissance and Tinies. This is easy enough to do for Victorian (already there!) and Tinies (there's a Victorian Tinies sim (Mieville Shelley) and there's Raglan). Renaissance seems a bit more difficult as most of the sims seem to be roleplay sims. This will probably take some research.

.....Learn about mesh in relation to jewelry making. I keep hearing that mesh is great for jewelry - I'd like to find out why and how mesh is created, etc. This is a stretch goal as I don't anticipate being ready for it for a while. I'm learning enough the way I'm going between Sculpt Studio and Blender and Photoshop and Illustrator.

.....Trust my own instincts. Recently I got myself into a, um, opinion war between a couple of strong willed, well meaning people. It got very uncomfortable for me. If I had stuck with my guns in the first place, I would not have had nearly the problems I ended up with.

I think that's plenty!!! I'll try to readdress these points periodically to see if I'm making progress or if the direction has changed. Makes sense for now though!

Happy New Year everyone!

Riendra










No comments:

Post a Comment