Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Onward ho - 2012 holds hope and promise!

Busy busy - I have some new merchandise out - a lovely ruby heart brooch and earring set - or completed! Will be putting it out for sale shortly. New order for the next Dr. Who ring - thank goodness for the Whovians! Signed up for 2 February hunts and working on the freebies for those - don't forget this month's freebies and the prizes for the hunts the store is in - Trick or Treat (Farewell to Winter) and Poppin' Penguins!!

I keep hoping at some point I'll be able to use a snippet of something to help make something else but not too much so far. Since I don't want to settle for something close, I find myself making sculpts to get exactly what I want. Of course, that makes things take longer.....or does for me anyway. At least the brooch clasp I made can be reused.

In researching the brooch, I found that Victorian ladies didn't really wear necklaces very much. With those high necklines, where would you put a necklace? They wore some chokers, and a lot of brooches and bracelets. They also tended to wear the bracelets in sets of two, the same for each wrist. Interesting.....but for the Sl audience, I think I have to make necklaces also, or for most things.

Off to put out that ruby set - I find I like the paperwork far less than I like the making of the items - go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment